Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Dots and Daisies



Spring has sprung! Well...not really. Perhaps just in my cake world it has. The forecast for flurries today would suggest our Manitoba "Spring" is more than just a little chilly.

It was once again Spring in my kitchen this weekend, though! This was such a fun cake to decorate! From the moment that this wonderful customer sent me a picture of an inspiration cake for her daughter's graduation celebration, I was excited. I had never made daisies like this before, and have always wanted to try, since I think they look so adorable. I love how they look on the cake. I love the bright colors, the dots...I love pretty much everything about this cake, right down to the flavor combination they choose. The bottom tier was lemon cake with lime buttercream filling, the middle was chocolate cake with white chocolate peppermint filling and the top tier was vanilla with lemon buttercream filling. Really tasty combinations, and I have fallen in love with lime swiss meringue buttercream. Wow, is that ever yummy!


The only downside on this cake is that I wasn't on time. I am thankful for my customer who was so gracious to wait for me to finish each detail on the cake. Making cakes with two little ones around can be difficult, and this week and weekend it seemed downright impossible.

In the end, my customer was really happy, and I've been told that her daughter loved it as well!

That same day we had a "smash cake" photo shoot with our littlest guy. It's a little late (his birthday was in February) but it was so much fun and I'm glad we did it. So it was the weekend of cake. Stay tuned in the next few weeks for some action shots of a little cake being destroyed by a little guy. I'm exited to see the pictures, myself!

2 comments:

  1. Once again, incredible work Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all those flavours sound delicious! What a stunning cake.

    ReplyDelete